LA Family Housing is looking to fill a position for an Operations Manager. The Operations Manager will provide oversight for all building-related processes including building repairs and maintenance, enforcing safety and building cleanliness standards, hiring, supervising and coaching operational staff, ordering and inventory of interim housing related supplies. The Operations Manager oversees the day-to-day functions of the building and works alongside the Director of Interim Housing in directing, planning, and evaluating the operational and budgetary components of our interim housing sites. The Operations Manager supervises maintenance, janitorial staffing and services, and food services.
Support of Families in Interim Housing
- Interacts with families and staff in a very “real” way – professional, responsive, genuine and empathetic. Consistent in supporting and executing our agency’s policies, values, mission and core values: Leadership, Dignity, Perseverance, Collaboration.
- Understand the challenges and limitations that families face and work with them to meet their needs and the overall standards at our interim housing sites.
- Make decisions with the mindset of respect and dignity.
- Coordinate staff schedules to ensure sufficient coverage at all times; including weekend, evening and special events.
- Provide leadership and supervision to maintenance and janitorial staff to ensure smooth operations of each department.
- Ensure maintenance/janitorial staff are completing assigned duties.
- Responsible for procuring outsourced services as deemed necessary.
- Lead and/or support wrap meetings regarding room cleanliness standards and staff service.
- Manage staff schedules to ensure coverage at help desk including vacation requests, sick day call-outs, and overtime requests.
- Schedule, review, approve timesheets
- Conduct annual/ongoing performance review and feedback.
Management of Facility
- Oversee maintenance and cleanliness of the entire shelter facility and grounds
- Ensure buildings are in compliance with local building and safety codes
- Develop and/or update all forms and processes necessary for the smooth daily operation of the facility
- Work with the Health & Safety Coordinator to direct site emergency preparedness training for staff and clients, including but not limited to fire drills, earthquake drills and power outage drills
- Work alongside Resident Advocates, maintenance and janitorial staff in making sure rooms are ready for new enrollments into the program.
- Ensure maintenance and janitorial requests are being completed in a timely manner.
- Work alongside HR to ensure that staff are following all safety protocols.
- Lead Room Inspection Days and consult with the Director of Interim Housing and RAs on outcomes and action steps.
Tracking and Reporting RA’s
- Manage Daily Activity Report (DAR) for both RAs and security. Report, maintenance issues and building service needs. Address reports as needed and provide next steps for outcomes.
- Provide DAR feedback to BH staff as needed.
- Provide support to the Resident Advocate relative to day to day facility operation, including meals, security, scheduling and maintenance/laundry/housekeeping activities.
- Manage maintenance and janitorial budgets including: outsourced services, supplies and inventory control.
- Lead monthly Operations leadership meetings and participate in monthly Resident Advocate and Maintenance Department staff meetings. Participate in house meetings, as needed.
- Responsible for organization and maintenance of storage areas
- Responsible for coordination of building maintenance and repairs including but not limited to obtaining bids and overseeing work performed by outside contractors.
- Act as the liaison between our contracted security company and LAFH to address issues/concerns.
- Create and maintain a housing environment that is both safe and supportive of the needs of program participants
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings/weekends/holidays.
- Be available for building emergencies and respond accordingly.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND REVIEW
Position reports to: Director of Interim Housing
Performance review: Annual
Number of employees receiving work direction: 18
Position titles reporting to position: maintenance, janitorial, RA’s,
- Position requires a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in related field. A minimum of three (3) years’ experience of facility management and supervisory experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong commitment to high level service and quality standards
- Experience in a large facility
- Knowledge of budgets and financial responsibility for contract reporting
- Ability to set boundaries and stay committed to policies and procedures, while understanding how to make reasonable accommodations.
- Demonstrates the ability to coach, motivate and lead a team to achieve goals
- Must have a “can-do” and “whatever it takes” attitude
- Ability to multi-task and respond in stressful or challenging situations.
- Ability to evaluate a situation from all sides and make the most effective decision for all parties.
- Effective problem-solving skills and able to multi-task]
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in written and oral communication
- Bilingual: Spanish/English a plus
- Ability to work in a team
- Good organizational skills and ability to follow through from beginning to end on tasks and projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Master Degree (Social Work or Business) preferred or Bachelor’s Degree (social work related, science, or business), along with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in social services and 3 years in supervisory experience.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: $48,000 – $65,000
Work Schedule: Full-Time; 40 hours/week schedule; however, must be able to work evenings or weekend when requested by the Director of Interim Housing.
LAFH Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Voluntary Life, 403B Retirement Plan, 529 Education Savings Plan, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, AFLAC Policies, AFLAC FSAs, Legal Policy, Employee Appreciation Program, Company Sponsored Employee Outings, 9/80 Alternative Work Schedule, Paid Sick, Vacation and 11 Observed Holidays.