LA Family Housing is looking to fill a position for a Quality Assurance Associate. The Quality Assurance Associate is responsible for application of internal and external Quality Assurance objectives for public contract program compliance, in addition to private program compliance as needed.
- Conduct ongoing client file review and reconciliation on Clarity HMIS
- Develop and update monitoring checklists in concert with QA Manager or Director so as to strategically identify items to review in each file.
- Review all client files that correspond to LAFH public contracts (Ensure files are appropriately checked-out when being reviewed to maintain highest level of file security).
- Ensure file and Clarity HMIS information matches and prepare files for program exit by the data team
- Maintain Access Database tracker of reviewed files so work is documented, and unnecessary duplicative review is eliminated.
- Identify incomplete or missing documents contractually required for each client file
- Summarize review findings and patterns for each Program Manager and QA Manager
- Submit list of file corrections to Managers/Directors on weekly basis
- Follow-up with Case Manager / Staff Person within three-day time frame to ensure corrections have been made
- Conduct file review for clients enrolled in non-government funded programs (e.g. United Way of Greater LA CES programs)) on an as needed basis.
- Conduct ongoing client file review that is flexible based on notification of upcoming external audits to ensure programmatic goals and contract requirements are being met:
- Develop a rotating monthly review schedule that considers known and recent history of audit dates
- Review all potential files for audits before audit visits
- Provide support for any audit on an ongoing basis
- Perform additional duties as directed by supervisor including but not limited to:
- Run HMIS reports and reconcile against reviewed files
- Attend regularly scheduled Quality Assurance meetings
ACCOUNTABILITY AND REVIEW
Position reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Performance review: Annual
Number of employees receiving work direction: None
Position titles reporting to position: None
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Maintain and execute confidential information according to HIPPA standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues facing program participants (e.g. health, substance abuse, mental health, domestic abuse, child welfare, resources for undocumented persons)
- Knowledge of social service agencies and community resources
- Proficient in Microsoft Programs (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint)
- Must be able to perform electronic data entry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to coordinate multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a high pressure environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Detail-oriented to review information and ensure accuracy
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Ability to work with diverse population
- Position requires a minimum of an Associate’s Degree or two years of experience in social services.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Payroll Status: Hourly
Work Schedule: Full-time
LAFH Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Voluntary Life, 403B Retirement Plan, 529 Education Savings Plan, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, AFLAC Policies, AFLAC FSAs, Legal Policy, Employee Appreciation Program, Company Sponsored Employee Outings, 9/80 Alternative Work Schedule, Paid Sick, Vacation and 11 Observed Holidays.