LA Family Housing is looking to fill a position for a Director of Grants. The Director of Grants requires a thoughtful, strategic individual with expertise in public request for proposals (RFP) and private grant proposals and reports. Persons interested in this position must show strong attention to detail, have excellent writing and communication skills, and be able to effectively build rapport with team members, program and finance departments, senior leadership, and the executive team. In addition to managing our public contract and private grants portfolio, the Director of Grants is responsible for developing partnership agreements, furthering interdepartmental and community-related relationships, and meeting annual fundraising goals. This position also plays a supporting role in the agency’s corporate giving strategy and special events.
To Apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee public and private funding proposals, public contract execution, requests for support, partnership agreements, and grant reports for the agency. This includes the strategic development, project management and execution of various proposals, letters, agreements, and reports.
- Supervise Grants Coordinator, Contracts Coordinator, and a part-time contracted grants consultant to support in writing grants and reports, managing contracts, building a pipeline of prospects, and ensuring stewardship of funders.
- Project management of proposals and reports: engagement of Program, Real Estate, and Finance teams to develop and execute various grant proposals and reports.
- Work closely with the Sr. Director of Development to refine and implement strategies and systems to increase revenues from private and public funders, including managing systems for proposal submission, grant reporting calendar, and other internal processes.
- Develop relationships with sources of private and public funding and attend bidding conferences and foundation meetings as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Program and Finance departments to develop program budgets for proposals and to ensure funding requirements for grants and public contracts are met.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance team to ensure outcome requirements are met and to improve tracking and data around program outcomes for grants and public contracts.
- Provide consistent messaging and data (including program outcome numbers) to assist with preparation of Development materials, including brochures, newsletters and other promotional items such as website content, social media, annual reports and more.
- Participate in the development and implementation of agency events.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND REVIEW
Position reports to: Sr. Director of Development
Performance review: Annual
- Number of employees receiving work direction: 2-3
- Position titles reporting to position: Grants Coordinator, Contracts Coordinator, Grants Consultant
- 5 years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising or other sales-related or project management work required, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Demonstration of a strong understanding of social services, housing, homelessness, and the population served by LAFH.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MPA, MSW, MBA or similar Master’s degree preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Communication Skills: Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Excellent persuasive writing and an understanding of technical grants/fundraising writing strategy. Able to interact well with corporate, foundation and individual donors, and other LAFH staff.
- Management: Ability to motivate and manage others, ensure quality and timeliness of outcomes, set goals and establish work plans, train and coach others. Able to manage team members from other departments to get results in a timely manner.
- Organizational Skills: Excellent time management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail. Able to prioritize work effectively and adjust to multiple and competing demands.
- Technology Skills: Computer literacy, including strong word processing experience and mastery of MS Office applications, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge 7 or similar CRM application, and an ability to conduct and supervise effective internet research.
- General: Highly motivated, with the ability to work independently, take initiative, participate as an effective team member and follow tasks through to completion.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Payroll Status: Salary
Work Schedule: Full-time
LAFH Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Voluntary Life, 403B Retirement Plan, 529 Education Savings Plan, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, AFLAC Policies, AFLAC FSAs, Legal Policy, Employee Appreciation Program, Company Sponsored Employee Outings, 9/80 Alternative Work Schedule, Paid Sick, Vacation and 11 Observed Holidays.