The Director of Performance is a new position that will move LA Family Housing (LAFH) to become a data-driven organization. The Director of Performance will oversee the Data, Analysis and Compliance units within the agency. The Director of Performance will ensure that the data and subsequent analysis is provided to assist LA Family Housing in making informed and impactful decisions. The position will oversee the input and reporting of all agency program and performance data, the creation and analysis of performance metrics within all departments, compliance throughout the agency and the sub-recipients with all contractual obligations. Additionally, the position will provide system analysis and support to increase the impact of LAFH programing across Los Angeles County.
PERFORMANCE – Direct oversight of the outcomes team and collaboration with the Chief Impact Officer on creating data-informed operations within the agency.
- Identify and create performance metrics for the agency as a whole and for individual departments; provide education/training on use of performance metrics and outcome analysis in making informed agency decisions.
- Analyze program metric performance; disseminate performance dashboards to LAFH departments on a scheduled basis; use data to guide assessments of internal needs and goals.
- Define non-contract goals to measure the impact that LAFH’s work is having on improving our participant’s lives and reducing their vulnerability to fall back into homelessness.
- Provide impactful data to support LAFH’s work in the community and to counter public misperceptions about persons experiencing homelessness.
- Create system dashboards in collaboration with system support partners (Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority and United Way); ensure that SPA 2 performance information is presented on a quarterly basis at San Fernando Valley and Santa Clarita Homeless Coalition Meetings and other community forums; provide analysis of data to identify successes and/or barriers.
- Work in conjunction with the outcomes specialists to track and analyze performance on a quarterly basis for all funding sources. Meet with program department staff to review performance of agency and analyze progress toward contracted targets.
- Work with the LAFH Development Department, Programs team and/or Real Estate Development Team to provide data and outcomes performance information for use in funding applications and reports; provide feedback on performance measures and implementation plans.
- Oversee collection of all relevant program and related data from applicable staff on a weekly basis for the purpose of maintaining reliable, up-to-date statistics; coordinate all program data requests by internal and external sources.
DATA – Oversight of the Data Manager and coordination of data functions.
- Ensure that systems are in place to capture all relevant agency data for performance reports and metric evaluation.
- Verify that we are meeting all contractually required performance requirements and submitting accurate reports (monthly/quarterly/annual) in a timely manner.
- Work with the Data Manager to maintain 100% data quality; assist with any corrective measures that need to be implemented to ensure data quality across programs.
- Coordinate staff training with the Data Manager; review training materials and suggest and implement changes as needed.
- Routinely reconcile HMIS information for accuracy and work with the Data Manager to make necessary corrections.
COMPLIANCE – Oversight of the Compliance Manager and coordination of compliance functions.
- Work with the Compliance Manager to develop agency compliance standards and processes; verify that compliance monitoring is being conducted on a scheduled basis for both LAFH programs and contracted sub-recipients; review monitoring reports and the plan for any corrective response.
- Provide support through compliance work to help maintain 100% data quality; assist with any corrective action measures that need to be implemented.
- Coordinate staff training with the Compliance Manager; review training materials and suggest and implement changes as needed.
- With the Compliance Manager, participate in audits/monitoring preparation and visits to ensure that no findings/concerns are found.
- Oversee the creation of tools to measure participant satisfaction with services provided; work with the Compliance Manager to analyze and present the outcome findings.
- Attend agency, community, and performance related meetings as directed.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND REVIEW
Position reports to:Chief Impact Officer
Performance review: Annual
Number of employees receiving work direction: 3
Position titles reporting to position: QA Manager, Compliance Manager, Outcomes Specialist
- Experience with outcomes analysis, program evaluation, and reporting.
- Knowledge of systems and programs that impact homeless persons and homeless program funding sources, regulations, requirements and procedures.
- Intermediate and advanced level of computer software programs, specifically:
- Working knowledge of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) software
- Working knowledge of statistical software (SAS, SPSS)
- Working knowledge of database management software (MS Access, SQL Server)
- Working knowledge of HMIS
- Working knowledge of analytics software (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience with program development and implementation processes.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Need to think creatively and strategically to solve complex problems and ability to identify and benchmark ‘promising practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of constituents; service minded and open to new ideas and approaches.
- Excellent time management skills, attention to detail, and strong judgement.
- Provide performance analysis while supporting the role of “heart” in work.
- Minimum of three years of experience in program evaluation or data analysis.
- Bachelor degree in public administration, public policy, human services, statistics, psychology, social work, or other closely related field required; advanced degree preferred.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Payroll Status: Full Time
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, with some flexible hours outside of regular schedule.
LAFH Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Voluntary Life, 403B Retirement Plan, 529 Education Savings Plan, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, AFLAC Policies, AFLAC FSAs, Legal Policy, Employee Appreciation Program, Company Sponsored Employee Outings, 9/80 Alternative Work Schedule, Paid Sick, Vacation and 11 Observed Holidays.