$1 Million. 5 Winners. Two Years to Shape LA.
Submit your idea by March 30, 2018.
Please Post this.
LA Family Housing is looking to hire a Director of Housing Navigation. The Director of Housing Navigation is responsible for overseeing the implementation and on-going administration and development of the Housing Navigation Services for homeless participants enrolled in LA Family Housing’s Programs. Responsible for overseeing the delivery of streamlined permanent housing placement services as envisioned and contractually required. Primary responsibilities include overseeing department evaluation process and service coordination among all permanent housing contracts, goal monitoring and attainment, and reporting to funders. Ensure that all Individual housing programs are providing placement services in alignment with the SPA 2 Coordinated Entry System; share best practices with partner agencies. The Director of Navigation needs to be skilled in managing internal relationships with program operations and external relationships with funders, community partners, and potential volunteers/donors.
1. Provide overall direction to staff members in the Housing Navigation Team.
2. Create comprehensive department-wide policies and procedures on permanent housing plan execution to be followed by Housing Navigation staff serving LAFH participants; coordinate policy/procedure development with family programming as warranted.
3. Oversee LAFH Housing Navigation staff, fostering an environment that encourages teamwork and creative problem solving.
4. Ensure that participants in housing search are supported with additional resources needed to acquire permanent housing including benefits assistance, employment, mental health, substance abuse services, transportation, and medical care.
5. Develop and implement participant-focused housing workshops that result in successful and swift permanent housing placements
6. Work with to coordinate the role of Housing Navigators in the Coordinated Entry System, cultivating the spirit of collaboration and increasing overall effectiveness.
7. In partnership with the LAFH Data , LAFH QA manager, and other LAFH department directors, create and maintain quality participant files and HMIS records and a streamlined system of inter-departmental coordination.
8. Maintain strong relationships with countywide entities (i.e. LAHSA, HACLA, DHS, DMH) to ensure compliance with contracts, advocating for programmatic changes and process improvements, as needed, and proactively participating in programmatic development.
9. Provide training to LAFH Team and CES partners on housing services including: completing a housing application; completing a housing search; understanding tenant rights and responsibilities; and mediating between tenants and landlords.
10. Work closely with other all Program Directors to facilitate open, effective communication between program staff, resulting in excellent inter-department coordination and streamlined housing placements
11. Promote a shared housing strategy that is in alignment with current best practices and LA Family Housing agency mission.
12. Coordinate the gathering of information for monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting as contractually required.
13. Responsible for hiring, coaching, disciplining and terminating employees.
14. Responsible for addressing staff performance issues with program and preparing staff evaluations.
15. Attend regular staff and agency meetings. Represent the agency/program in community meetings, as well as to potential donors and volunteers.
16. Additional tasks, projects and responsibilities as assigned by Senior Vice President of Programs.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND REVIEW
Position reports to: Senior Director of Housing Navigation
Performance review: Annual
Number of employees receiving work direction: 4
Position titles reporting to position: Housing Manager (3), CES System Matcher/Housing Liaison (1)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Master’s Degree in social services or BA degree and seven years of experience in social services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Payroll Status: Salary
Work Schedule: Full-time
EEO: LAFH is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees.
FAIR CHANCE INITIATIVE: LAFH is in compliance with the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
LAFH BENEFITS: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Voluntary Life, 403B Retirement Plan, 529 Education Savings Plan, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, AFLAC Policies, AFLAC FSAs, Legal Policy, Employee Appreciation Program, Company Sponsored Employee Outings,9/80 Alternative Work Schedule, Paid Sick, Vacation and 11 Observed Holidays.
To Apply for this Position Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]