LA Family Housing is looking to hire a Director of Housing Stabilization. The Director of Housing Stabilization for Individual Programs is responsible for the oversight, development, direction, training, and supervision of select LAFH programs providing housing stabilization services to individuals living in short-term (e.g. 12 months or less) permanent supportive housing settings. Duties include but are not limited to staffing and staff management, contract compliance, provider relations, program effectiveness, budget management, evaluation, and reporting.
- Provide overall direction and oversight of assigned permanent housing program components, including accurate, up-to-date data collection, quality assurance and contract management, including but not limited to:
- Develop and monitor program goals, objectives and performance, making necessary adjustments in a timely manner in order to improve outcomes including housing sustainability.
- Ensure program/contract compliance as per guidelines and requirements mandated by funding agency; and all local, state, and federal guidelines/requirements.
- Conduct regularly scheduled program evaluations, including file reviews (physical case files and HMIS electronic files), outcomes and inspections of participants’ properties to ensure consistent, effective management and maintenance of each
Assist with client issues as needed (i.e. conflict and complaint resolution).
- Select, supervise, evaluate and report on the professional development and job performance of all personnel responsible for the provision of supportive services and participant programs, to include: development, identification and provision of staff training as needed; encourage and motivate staff to effectively perform job duties; assess individual performance and take steps to address deficiencies and recognize achievement.
- Oversee the development, enhancement, delivery and modification (as needed) of housing stabilization supportive services, as well as the implementation of best practices.
- Serve as agency representative at professional and community meetings (e.g. task force, working/planning groups, coalitions, etc.) and attend various regular agency, county, and community meetings as directed.
- Coordinate with other LAFH programs and community partners to ensure consistent and accurate dissemination of information, provision of services, and adherence to program requirements.
- Coordinate with LAFH Volunteer Service Program to ensure optimal utilization of volunteer and donation resources in the effective operation of permanent supportive housing sites.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance Manager and the Director of Data Management to facilitate and ensure accurate, up-to-date data collection in addition to timely program report preparation and submission.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of MSW interns placed at LAFH as part of their educational requirement. This includes coordinating with the Field Placement Supervisors to ensure timely progress reports and evaluations are submitted.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND REVIEW
Position reports to: Senior Director of Housing Stabilization
Performance review: Annual
Number of employees receiving work direction: Eight (8)
Position titles reporting to position: Stability Manager (1), Housing Stabilizers (7)
- Position requires a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in program supervision; knowledge of homeless populations and services, government assistance programs, employment, best practices in solving homelessness, mental health, recovery services, case management procedures, contract and fiscal management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Effective staff supervision
- Supportive service program development
- Community-based organizations and resources
- Homelessness and related issues (i.e. poverty, housing, services)
- Contract compliance and outcomes measurement
- Budget/Fiscal management
Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW), Public Administration or related field.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Payroll Status: Salary
Work Schedule: Full-time
EEO: LAFH is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees.
FAIR CHANCE INITIATIVE: LAFH is in compliance with the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
LAFH BENEFITS: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Voluntary Life, 403B Retirement Plan, 529 Education Savings Plan, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, AFLAC Policies, AFLAC FSAs, Legal Policy, Employee Appreciation Program, Company Sponsored Employee Outings,9/80 Alternative Work Schedule, Paid Sick, Vacation and 11 Observed Holidays.