Ready To Succeed LA (RTS) is a growing non-profit empowering motivated foster youth in college to graduate and launch successful careers by providing them with career coaching, mentorship and internships. We are looking for someone who is ready to jump into a fast-paced, start-up environment with a small team of people interested in changing the world, one student at a time. In 2018-2019, RTS plans to serve 100 scholars attending 19 different colleges in Los Angeles and across the country. This new role is essential to our growth and mission to see every foster youth in college realize their potential and become a success, not a statistic.
- Support the Ready To Succeed team in daily/weekly administrative tasks including:
- scheduling internal and external meetings
- maintaining office, ordering supplies, etc.
- running necessary financial reports for development and program meetings
- creating and maintaining a digital filing system
- Maintain student/mentor/employer databases with current information + updates.
- Update student rosters and status on a regular basis.
- Ensure that student deliverables are being completed in a timely manner and uploaded to our online curriculum platform.
- Manage communications across email, website, social and direct mail. (experience with excel,airtable, mailchimp, wix/squarespace).
- Create decks and proposals for potential school and employment partners.
- Help manage student scholarship program. Draft award letters, manage recipients compliance with scholarship terms.
- Submit all necessary materials to fiscal sponsor for approval and execution.
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution
- 1-2 years of relevant office experience
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, capacity to work independently as part of an organizational team and multi-tasking proficiency
- Strong demonstrated skills in writing, communication, presentation, time and project management.
- Flexibility to work outside of regular hours to meet program/students’ needs (some weekend work is necessary and required)
- Proficiency with word-processing, database and presentation software, mail chimp and socialmedia
- Interest in non-profit field/career counseling/ child welfare system helpful but not mandatory.
*Salary commensurate with experience.