Reporting to the Mar Vista Programs Manager, the Workshop Coordinator oversees all workshop operations, including evening and weekend workshops. The Coordinator works closely with the Programs Manager to ensure that the writing workshop programs are
educational, fun, and project-oriented. The Coordinator ensures that student and volunteer numbers are met, and that volunteers are trained and ready for working with 826LA students. The Workshop Coordinator works closely with other programming staff throughout 826LA.
- Oversees Mar Vista workshops on Wednesday evenings and weekends, including Barnacle’s Bookworms, Journalism and Saturday workshops;
- Ensures attendance, evaluations, and operations are complete and on time;
- Supports the publication process in Mar Vista for journalism workshop and other workshops when necessary;
- Coordinates summer weeklong writing intensive workshop for middle and high school students, including workshop teacher outreach, student outreach, and implementation;
- Supports the Tuesday & Thursday Night Tutoring (TNT) Program;
- Does outreach for Workshop program, creates and distributes workshop flyers, updates online calendar, blog posts, and supports other programmatic outreach as necessary;
- Makes sure lab is tidy and that 826 is locked down;
- Trains and supervises workshop support interns;
- Recruits and trains volunteers for workshops;
- Coordinates volunteer and student numbers for workshops and works with volunteer team to ensure correct student-volunteer ratio in workshops;
- Responsible for organizing staff appreciation events for Mar Vista office and birthdays organization-wide;
- Reports to the Mar Vista Programs Manager.
Hours: 15-20 hours per week