The Development Manager is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and recognition of individual gifts and management of events. Responsibilities include creation and management of appeals, development of annual fundraising campaigns, management of peero-to-peer fundraising and other new tactics associated with individual gifts, primary responsibility for the management of all fundraising/friendraising development events and donor and prospect marketing and communications.
A. Plan and implement a strong, proactive program of individual giving to support VCH’s ongoing needs and priorities.
- Develop and execute successful appeals.
- direct mail,
- Analyze all appeals for productivity and cost-effectiveness.
- Launch monthly giving program, peer-to- peer fundraising and develop/launch other new strategies included in the fund development plan
- Identify donors and help CDO build a pipeline for more major gifts.
- Create stewardship practices for smaller donors and follow new internal processes and practices for donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and acknowledgment
- Manage print/on-line campaigns as determined/assigned by CDO
B. Donor & Prospect Marketing and Communications
- Write/coordinate donor newsletter (electronic and print)
- Create/maintain excellent internal relationships to drive patient & program stories
- Create development content for website, social media and other channels
- Develop collateral materials for donor/prospect communication
- Manage social media contractor and graphic design contractor
C. EVENTS: Implement and manage all fundraising events, including
- Venue & logistics
- Associated outside vendors
- Program for the event
- Guest lists
- Fundraising strategies associated with each event, including sponsorships, tickets, etc.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with Volunteer Committees
D. COMMITTEES: Assist in creating, building and staffing of new or revitalized fundraising committees
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least five (5) years of experience in fundraising, marketing/communications and events management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to convey information with accuracy, impact and diplomacy.
- Experience in managing appeals, mailings and associated tasks
- Experience with digital fundraising platforms and concepts
- Experience in implementing and managing fundraising and donor events
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills, attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Sound analytical skills to evaluate and modify strategies.
- Working knowledge of computer software: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Donor Perfect (or other similar database)
- Absolute discretion with regard to confidential donor information.
- California driver’s license, car and proof of auto insurance.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.