Primarily installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop computers, software and peripheral devices. Performs routine maintenance, service and repair of desktop computers and related peripherals.
- Delivers and installs desktop computers, monitors, printers, keyboards, modems and other related peripherals.
- Cleans, adjusts, lubricates and performs routine servicing of computers, monitors, printers, keyboards, modems and other related peripherals.
- Diagnoses malfunctions and repairs desktop computers, monitors, printers, keyboards, modems and other related peripherals, by disassembling and inspecting for defects.
- Performs basic repairs by replacing defective electronic or mechanical components, reassembling, and checking equipment for correct operation.
- Installs common software packages.
- Instructs operators in the basic care and operation of desktop computers, monitors, printers, keyboards, modems and other related peripherals.
- Provides technical assistance to schools and offices over the phone regarding hardware/software problems.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Microcomputer operating systems (Windows XP, Windows 7)
- Characteristics of computer hardware and peripheral equipment
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio)
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP, wired and wireless networking
- Analyze and diagnose simple software and hardware malfunctions
- Communicate effectively with those contacted in the course of work
- Understand and apply technical instructions, materials, and resource publications
Graduation from high school or evidence of equivalent educational proficiency, preferably supplemented by courses in
One year of experience that included the maintenance, repair and overhaul of desktop computers and related equipment.
- A Valid Drivers License required.
- Use of an automobile.
This class description is not a complete statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements. Requirements are representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. Management retains the discretion to add or to change typical duties of a position at any time.