The Program Support Worker Assistant performs routine duties to provide support to personnel involved in various District recreational and after-school enrichment programs. This position reports to the Regional Director, Out-of- School.
LA’s BEST – Better Educated Students for Tomorrow – is a nationally recognized after school education, enrichment, and recreation program serving more than 27,000 children with the greatest needs and fewest resources throughout the City of Los Angeles. LA’s BEST After School Enrichment Program provides a safe haven for children, ages 5 to 12, at 180 LAUSD elementary school sites each day during the critical hours after school – at no cost to parents. Established in 1988, LA’s BEST is a partnership including the City of Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Unified School District and the private sector.
Description of Duties
- Coordinates storage, inventory and distribution of supplies.
- Ensures verification of orders including accuracy of items received/ordered and the warehousing needs of these orders.
- Identifies and ensures that inventory items receive asset tags and/or proper markings/engravings and that serial numbers and asset tags get recorded into the database.
- Assists with the maintenance of LA’s BEST delivery vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to safely lift and move items that are 25 pounds (must have the ability to lift up to 60 pounds).
- Regularly works outdoors and may at times be required to work in inclement weather.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Desire to work with requisitioning, receiving, storing, issuing, lifting, moving, and delivering recreational, athletic, enrichment, and educational supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with Los Angeles Unified School District staff and LA’s BEST corporate staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity to others.
- Ability to use Windows based computers to manage SQL database for warehousing inventory and tracking.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Eligible to accept LAUSD/LA's BEST assignment (which includes high school diploma/GED equivalent, fingerprinting and TB clearance).
- Previous warehousing experience preferred.
- Willing to work evenings and weekends (on occasion).
- Willing to travel to off-site meetings, trainings and events.