Administrative and Data Processing Assistant, Advancement Department
The Skirball Cultural Center seeks an energetic, mature, self-motivated, detail-oriented, multitasking, flexible team player with administrative support and relational database skills. This position reports to the Vice President of Advancement and supports the work of the Vice President, Grant Writer, and Membership Manager.
- Minimum of two years in an administrative role with database processing duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to draft and edit correspondence and to proofread documents for spelling and basic syntax errors.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, deadlines, and follow-through.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in managing a changing and varied workload.
- Team player with excellent people skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs, including Excel and Access; skill in conducting online research.
- Experience working with relational database required; proficiency in Altru, Raiser’s Edge, and/or FileMaker Pro preferred;
- Be a knowledgeable representative of the Skirball Cultural Center.
- Manage meeting schedules.
- Maintain paper and electronic files.
- Process donations under $10,000; send out invoices, receipts, and thank you letters.
- Maintain database accuracy and perform record clean-up tasks.
- Produce database reports, including donor lists, mailing lists and donation summaries.
- Process new and renewing memberships.
- Assist with Major Donor and member events.
- Gather, maintain, and research information about potential foundations, corporate, and individual supporters.
- Assist with preparation of print and electronic grant application.