Alta Planning + Design is seeking a Designer II to join the Los Angeles team. This is a unique opportunity for a entry-level professional in the field of Landscape Architecture to work on high-profile active transportation projects in Los Angeles and Southern California.
As a Designer II you’ll contribute to the production of high-quality reports and analyses, assist with public outreach efforts and work alongside project managers and other key staff in the development of project deliverables. You will also be an integral part of the growth of Alta in this region. In addition, you will:
- Contribute to the development of cost estimates and design details for construction documents.
- Contribute to the creation of plant palettes and landscape design recommendations.
- Support project objectives such as aligning trails and other design elements to meet appropriate ADA requirements.
- Assist in the creation of photo-renderings, concept sketches, and construction drawings as required for projects.
- Contribute to the design or redesign of roadways to follow complete street principles.
We’re seeking a professional who has an interest in the field of active transportation, a general understanding of design principals and demonstrates proficiency in CAD and the Adobe Creative Suite. You have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture or related field and have one (1) or more years of related experience. In addition you are able to work independently with little supervision and are able to manage competing priorities and multiple simultaneous projects.
Alta Planning + Design offers competitive salaries, great benefits including wellness and bike benefits, 21 days of paid time off to start, 10 paid holidays and a five year travel award, flexible work schedules, work-life balance, advancement opportunities and welcoming – and fun – work environments for our employees. Alta employees “walk the talk” and are passionate about creating livable and healthy communities.