The Giving Back Fund is a nonprofit organization that provides philanthropic consulting, management and administrative services to professional athletes, celebrities, high net worth individuals, corporations and others who desire to give back.
We are growing and have an immediate opening for a Controller. This is a full-time position requiring a committed and dedicated individual who desires to become a long-term member of our team. For general information about our organization, please visit www.GivingBack.org.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
The Controller position is hands on and responsible for ensuring accurate financial reporting for the umbrella organization and its approximately 40 sub-projects and numerous special events. We are a fiscal sponsor and have several DAFs, similar to a community foundation.
- Prepares monthly operating statements, balance sheets, class reports, and other periodic financial statements.
- Plans the annual operating budgets and supporting schedules
- Working with our state compliance consultant
- Coordinating end of month activities
- Accounts Payable
- Data entry and classification/coding
- Limited HR matters, including payroll, benefits, insurance and other matters as requested
- Prepares comprehensive financial statements and management reports for the CEO/CFO and the Board of Director's Finance Committee.
- Helps with the financial processes with several merchant processors including Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge.
- Oversees the cash flow
- Analyzes and forecasts the Company's financial position on an on-going basis and recommends corrective measures as needed.
- Prepare the schedules for, and manages, the annual audit and 990 preparation
- Develops and ensures internal financial controls and compliance with contractual and regulatory financial requirements.
- Establishes and maintains best practices in all aspects of financial management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required (CPA ideal)
- Mastery of QuickBooks Online version
- Five years of accounting experience required, preferably in a non-profit setting, and any supervisory experience also preferred.
- Candidates must have solid experience with auditing, reporting, data analysis, accounts payable, general ledger and payroll.
- A passion for philanthropy
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, etc.
- The ability to manage simultaneous and competing priorities
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Availability on weekends and evenings if necessary
- A good sense of humor and a strong work ethic
Candidate must already live in the greater Los Angeles area - the closer to LAX the better.
Salary range: $60,000-$80,000
Benefits: Health, dental, vision insurance; Paid time off