New positions have been created within the Foundation’s development department: Regional Deputy Development Director. The persons in these positions will play a critical role in the implementation and tracking of the development efforts in one of several fundraising regions to support the Foundation’s work.
The Regional Deputy Development Director will:
- Serve as a member of a regional development team responsible for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of both principal and major gifts. Working with the Regional Director to manage relationships with prospective and existing donors in all aspects of the gift cycle.
- Cultivate and solicit a small portfolio of major gift prospects.
- Responsible for the accurate tracking of prospects and donors within region to ensure appropriate cultivation, solicitation, negotiation and stewardship.
- Assist in the planning and execution of multiple principal and senior staff prospecting visits to region per quarter.
- Help staff development committee(s) or network of volunteers to support fundraising efforts.
- Maintain development data systems particularly those related to prospect management and development activities, ensuring the accurate and timely input of data related to regional portfolio.
- Develop a tracking system to complete ‘next steps’ and ongoing engagement with prospects and donors in a timely manner.
- Work with the Regional Director to develop comprehensive prospect strategies for full portfolio.
- Take lead on the preparation of development-related writing including correspondence, proposals, spreadsheets, reports and briefing memos
- Provide meeting and research support to Regional Director, including identifying and researching new prospects, analyzing their giving history and developing cultivation strategies.
- Participate in ongoing portfolio analysis, adding or removing prospects from regional portfolio.
- Prepare operating budget and expense forecasts for regional activity ensuring goals are met on time and in budget.
- Execute regional prospecting events as necessary to meet regional goals.
- Take responsibility for scheduling, logistics, etc. as relates to prospecting activity in region.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information exercising excellent judgement and discretion.
The position will report to a Regional Development Director.
The Foundation is searching for candidates who have a true passion for the
The Foundation is in the process of implementing a comprehensive capital campaign to raise the funds necessary to build and endow the Obama Presidential Center. The preferred candidate will have:
- Strong planning, budgeting and communications skills
- Understanding of fundraising programs and prospecting strategies
- Personal experience in major gifts fundraising with a specific focus in closing gifts of $500K or more.
- Knowledge and understanding of all areas of development
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM databases preferred
- Appreciation of the complexities associated with working for a 501(c)(3) not- for-profit entity; knowledge of fundraising system support requirements
- Strong planning, interpersonal, management, analytical, problem solving, and budgeting skills
- A team orientation toward both internal and external constituencies
The ideal candidate will have:
- B.A. or B.S. degree required
- 3-4 years of professional experience in fundraising or donor relations
- Experience scheduling, coordinating and executing prospecting activity
- Spreadsheet and database experience required, salesforce experience preferred
- Experience working in complex, high visibility, challenging environments
- Comfort working under tight timelines in fast paced environments
- Superior attention to detail
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Apps, database and project management software
The Foundation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.