The California Community Foundation (CCF) is a public, charitable organization serving Los Angeles County in multiple capacities since 1915. We encourage philanthropy by individuals, families, companies and organizations, and serve as a trusted steward of their charitable funds and legacies. We make grants and collaborate with nonprofits in specific areas, and concentrate attention and resources on the needs of the most vulnerable individuals and groups in the community. CCF convenes and engages nonprofit, private and public sector partners to increase philanthropy and incorporate philanthropists into community problem solving in Los Angeles.
CCF is a dynamic environment that values individuals who want a purpose more than a position. We have a diverse and talented team of experienced and passionate advocates for our community. We are a learning organization driven by the idea that continuous improvement furthers professional development and increases our ability to effect positive change. We seek individuals who thrive in a fast-paced setting highly focused on results and impact.
CCF is hiring a Development and Donor Operations Associate as part of the Development and Donor Relations team. The associate ensures that the internal foundational support exists to allow external relationship managers to spend their time engaging, cultivating, and stewarding key constituents. This position requires an individual who can prioritize and multi-task while maintaining a high level of customer service among donors, advisors, prospects and grantees.
- Marketing: Assist in the implementation of strategic media relations and outreach as part of integrated marketing campaigns and communications assignments. Help produce stories from across the foundation to create visibility for the impact of our grantmaking, initiatives, stewardship, and donor development. Work with the team to execute targeted multi-platform media campaigns on a variety of initiatives and topics. Draft messaging and media materials including news releases, advisories, bios, backgrounders, video b-roll and packages, photography, briefing books, spokesperson Q&As, public service announcements, etc., as needed.
- Social Media Management: Supports the social media strategy for CCF to best engage its constituents across a range of social networking platforms. Curate editorial content for the social media platforms CCF uses such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter which includes sharing and develping new content. Implement and evaluate social media communications by tracking and analyzing data and providing updates to ensure CCF network growth (e.g., "Likes") and engagement. Work with communications team to freshen graphic elements of social media platforms. Collaborate with communications manager to develop editorial content for web site including home page stories and other timely updates.
- Media Relations: Create andmanage a cusotmized database of news and social media serving the L.A. market and relevant to the community foundation and its target audiences. Coordinate internal and external media events including media training, news conferences, roundtables, editorial board meetings, tour, etc., as appropriate.
- Written Communications: Contribute to the marketing and communications team by drafting copy for all forms of communication, both print and online -- including annual reports, newsletters, and brochures, advertisements, invitations, video scripts, PowerPoint presentations, news releases, and the website. Maintain editorial policies an standards to ensure a high and consistent level of editorial.
- Administrative Support: Provides administrative support to the department by creating and maintaining department files; scheduling meetings and conference calls; ordering supplies; copying documents; processing messenger communication; making travel arrangements; processing invoices, check requests an expense reports; maintaining department's calendar; event coordination; and managing select vendor relationships. Assists with various departmental projects, including responding to external requests for information and materials. Takes and prepares minutes for meetings.
- Departmental: Collaborates with a diverse dynamic team on all areas of CCF marketing and communication. Actively contributes to the development and enhancement of CCF's marketing plans and strategies. Develops a working knowledge of all aspects of marketing and communications to assist with the operations, administration, and proejct management of the department.
- Education: Stays abreast of current events at CCF and civic issues in the region, as well as in the foundation field, to ensure that writing is authoritative and contemporary.
- Internal integration of Work: Identifies opportunities for and integrates the functions and skills of marketing and communications, civic engagement, and development and donor relations to increase focus on systemic change. Engages with internal and external resources to secure necessary competencies.
- As appropriate, assist other departments and work as a member of interdepartmental teams to ensure the effective and efficient operations of CCF. At all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with supervisors and coworkers. Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed as representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. REasonable accomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the esential functions of this position.
- Experience: At least three years of professional experience in a communications or marketing-related job where writing and editing or graphic design were primary responsibilities. Experience writing and/or designing for nonprofits strongly preferred. Must have a good command of the English language and be familiar with AP style. Experience with non-profit organizations, foundations and public affairs/issues management preferred.
- Education: A bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism, marketing or English or a similar field, is required.
- Communication Skills: Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Ability to work well with diverse audiences, including donors, grantees, community leaders, media, employees and the public. This position calls for accuracy and precision in all communications. Solid research and interview skills are a plus. Spanish language proficiency a plus.
- Technology Skills: Must have excellent knowledge of interactive technologies, best practices, online marketing standards, and industry standards and trends. Must have familiarity with online and social media platforms and networks, and with deisgn programs. Must have strong skills and ability to quickly learn computer programs for office utilizing Word, Excel, Adobe Design Suite, etc.
- Organizational Skills: Excellent organizational skills and attention todetail. Ability to prioritize work effectively and adjust to multiple demands within set deadlines. Project management capability required, including the ability to manage internal communications, multiple deadlines, budgeting timelines, multiple stakeholders, etc. to deliver quality produts on time.
- Team Work & General Skills: Ability to both work well independently and as team member. Ability to take initiative, suggest new approaches, develop non-traditional strategies and follow tasks through to completion.
- Requires the ability to sit and work at a desk for several hours at a time.
- Requires the ability to travel and attend meetings, presentations and events outside the office, which may require occasional use of a motor vehicle for transportation to other locations.
- Work may require occasional weekends and/or extended work day.
- Punctuality and satisfactory attendance are essential functions of the job.
This is a regular, full time, exempt position. Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications. A generous benefit package is provided to all full-time staff, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, parking or transportation, and retirement benefits.