Employment Type: Part Time – 18-19 hours/week
City Plants Background:
City Plants is a non-profit organization partnering with the City of Los Angeles and seven other non-profit tree planting partners to plant and give away 20,000 trees each year in Los Angeles. City Plants mission is to grow a greener, more sustainable city for future generations. We work with our partners to prioritize planting trees in low canopy areas, as well as in places where we can take best advantage of trees’ unique ability to clean air, water, and provide energy efficiency.
In addition to planting trees along streets and in parks, we host over 100 “tree adoption” events throughout the City each year where City of LA residents can pick up free trees to plant in their front or back yards. Our offices are located in City Hall in Downtown LA and are easily accessible from Metrolink, the Red Line, and the Gold Line.
- Answers the general City Plants phone line and helps constituents fill out applications for free trees and locate outstanding applications.
- Regularly answers voicemails and monitors Constituent Call Log.
- Responds and follows up with constituents interested in participating in the City Plants Program.
- Mail applications to constituents without internet access.
- Processes constituent requests for parkway trees through the City Plants website, and tracks the status of those requests.
- Assists the Program Director, Operations Manager, and Program Manager with special projects as needed, including but not limited to community tree planting events, meetings, fundraisers, and record keeping.
- Aids the Operations Manager in outreach & coordinating for free tree distribution events.
- Assists Operations Manager and Program Manager with event planning.
- Aids in office organization and upkeep, including computer and physical records, as well as all City Plants literature and materials.
- Attends staff meetings and takes meeting notes.
- Reserves conference rooms and equipment for in-office meetings and presentations.
- Helps with data entry, as needed.
- Helps update office calendars and sends out reminders of impending appointments.
- Conversant in the Spanish language – speaking, writing & reading (Candidate must be able to help Spanish speaking customers on the phone, over email, social media, and in person at events).
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and phone etiquette.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Is capable of multitasking efficiently on a regular basis.
- Exhibits strong organizational skills.