VG internships are unpaid with the potential to move to a paid full time position pending performance and availability of position openings. Two of three previous VG interns have been hired into full time positions.
The VG internship program is designed for proactive and passionate rising stars to contribute to our team in areas they are most passionate about. Interns can propose projects they would like to work on with VG approval.
The intern will work from our offices in either Downtown LA or Pasadena and may occasionally work from a home office with screen sharing video calls depending on the full team office schedule.
The intern is responsible for their own cell phone and laptop to complete internship assignments.
Intern responsibilities may include the following assignments:
- Participate in weekly VG full team meetings
- Preparing and designing presentation slide decks
- Writing press releases
- Writing for print and web (blog)
- Updating VG’s business contacts database
- Curating content for e-newsletter blasts
- Designing graphics and marketing materials
- Writing articles to place in the press
- Reaching out to digital publications for SEO purposes
- Sponsorship and marketing outreach for the Net Zero 2017 Conference
- Helping VG team with Net Zero 2017 Conference planning and management
- Updating the VG website via WordPress
- Contribute to graphic design and marketing initiatives for print and online
- Contribute to LEED credit documentation and research
- Create content for social media pages and grow followers (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
WHO WE ARE
Verdical Group is a full service green building consulting firm specializing in: Certification Project Management (LEED, Living Building Challenge, WELL, etc.), Commissioning, Energy Modeling, and Program Management. We also produce the nation’s largest annual Net Zero Building Conference.
- Why we exist: Envision. Create. Sustain. We imagine tomorrow, then build it.
- Our core values include: environmentalism, fun, inspiration, adventure, and learning.
- A growing team of about 10 full time employees and contract staff.
- 1% for the Planet Member Company: we walk the talk, donating 1% of our annual revenue, not just profit, to environmental nonprofit organizations.
- We’re also corporate members of: USGBC, ENERGY STAR and Architecture 2030.
- An equal opportunity employer -- we consider a diverse team one of our greatest assets.
- For more information visit: www.verdicalgroup.com/culture
WHO YOU ARE
- An all-star talent who wants to work as part of a highly respected and growing team.
- An inspired change maker who wants to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Enjoy working on projects for corporate clients such as GE, Cisco, and J&J.
- Strong business writing and verbal communicator with a fastidious attention to detail and flawless follow-up.
- You thrive in a work hard / play hard environment where you’re surrounded by like-minded, passionate sustainability professionals who are working to change the world through green building.
- Exposure to work in the green building industry
- Work directly with VG’s Principal and project management team
- Exposure to cutting edge designs including biomimicry and net zero frameworks
- Professional development
- Quarterly VG team great outdoors adventures
- Attend industry events including MGBCE and VG’s Net Zero Conference
- Current enrollment in, or recent graduation from, an undergraduate or graduate program of study
- Major or specialization in a related field of study
- Demonstrated interest in the green building industry
- Software proficiency: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Social media experience: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently with minimal supervision in a dynamic work environment
- Professional demeanor
PREFERRED (NOT REQUIRED) QUALIFICATIONS
- LEED Green Associate (GA) credential, or LEED AP with specialty credential (BD+C or ID+C preferred)
- Software proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MailChimp, WordPress, Eventbrite, Salesforce, Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- HTML and CSS experience
- Previous experience working in a marketing or communications role