Social Venture Partners Los Angeles (SVP) builds powerful partnerships to tackle our community’s most pressing social challenges. We are building a dynamic team that will grow our ability to support innovative and emerging nonprofits, cultivate effective philanthropists, and invest in collaborative, long-term solutions.
We are seeking a full-time Operations Coordinator to serve as the backbone for our growing team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for social justice, a track record in effective office management, and an ability to keep an energized team organized and supported. SVP promotes a culture of curiosity, entrepreneurship, and growth for all of its team members.
Data & Systems Management
- Maintain SVP systems, databases and content (including Salesforce, SurveyMonkey, Dropbox, JotForm, Google)
- Gather and analyze SVP’s key impact and performance data
- Systematize process for creating and maintaining stakeholder profiles in CRM database
- Track donations & volunteer hours and prepare annual donor acknowledgements
Program & Administrative Support
- Provide scheduling support for the Executive Director & Program Manager
- Support coordination and logistics of training and coaching programs
- Route and respond to phone and email inquiries
- Purchase and organize office supplies and equipment
- Provide project management support for the Social Innovation Fast Pitch event planning, including assistance in coordination of volunteer event team
- Assist in planning and execution of event logistics
- Identify, contract with, and manage key vendor relationships
- Support SVP communications and marketing; interview volunteers, write and edit profiles
- Support social media updates on various channels
- Develop and draft stories for use in newsletters and other communications
- Support Executive Director in annual budget and 990 preparation
- Manage vendor relationships and payments for the organization
- Coordinate with bookkeeper regarding review of financial documents
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant operations experience in a nonprofit organization
- Demonstrated passion & commitment to social justice
- Exhibits curiosity & love of learning
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, SalesForce (or similar CRM), and online tools and databases
- Outstanding attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to systematize and organize data and information
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of an energetic & fast-paced team
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Exercises initiative, flexibility, discretion, and solid decision making
- Ability to meet deadlines and make appropriate adjustments to changing circumstances as necessary
This is a full-time exempt position based in Los Angeles, CA. SVPLA offers competitive salary, and vacation and medical, dental, and vision benefits.
SVPLA is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, medical condition, mental or physical disability which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties without reasonable accommodation.