The XPRIZE Foundation is looking for a dynamic professional with the ability to manage all major donors and their activities, including, but not limited to, meetings, communications and events, including the annual fundraising events. The Director of Stewardship will work closely with the CEO and Alliances team to develop stewardship plans, sustaining positive and mutually-rewarding relations between XPRIZE and its donors. The Director will be a key contributing member of the Alliances team by helping to strengthen relationships with current donors, fulfilling on high-touch memberships, coordinating various activities for donor groups, and advising on the facilitation of recognition events.
- Partnering with the senior leadership team to provide stewardship of major gift membership (Innovation Board, Vision Circle, etc). Designs, documents, and implements a systematic and integrated donor relations program, including individual meetings, special recognition events, donor briefing calls and opportunities to connect with our work.
- Establishes and manages information tracking processes regarding acknowledgement, recognition, on-going communications and continued cultivation of past and current major donors to enhance their relationship with XPRIZE and increase the likelihood of continued contributions. Develops and assesses policies and procedures across the Foundation that are essential for a comprehensive donor relations program. Use donor management software (Salesforce) to record and track donor interactions.
- Working closely with the XPRIZE Marketing & Communications team, advises on and facilitates the recognition of donors in both print and Web-based publications to raise awareness and capital for the foundation. Contributes donor and gift information for the Foundation’s Annual Report, determines the report recipients, and facilitate distribution.
- Serves as primary point of contact for the most significant donors. Drive donor satisfaction through understanding donor needs, providing responsive service to resolve problems, questions, and concerns.
- Work closely with Finance to ensure timely payments, benefit fulfillment, and increased likelihood of renewals on your major gift accounts
- Support the CEO, Executive Chairman and other XPRIZE Foundation departments as they represent the Foundation to various constituencies. Work with the CEO’s executive assistant to compile appropriate invitation lists, schedule meetings and draft personalized updates and other correspondence to donors and prospects
- Work closely with other SRM leadership on the design and sales plan for Alliances events and fundraisers including ticket sales and event sponsorships
- Manage events, people, process, deadlines and budget while adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Attend events on evenings and weekends as necessary. Some travel for donor related activities.
- Demonstrated success in managing client relationships
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate opportunities, develop effective plans and strategies, assess feasibility and evaluate results
- Superior verbal, written and presentation skills; natural ability to deliver persuasive presentations to senior management and board level executives
- Excellent interpersonal skills for successful interaction with a diverse group of donors and staff
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate discretion with confidential information and be flexible to changing priorities. Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to simultaneously work independently and within a close knit team
- Ability to function effectively in a complex organizational environment demanding high energy, discretion, patience, enthusiasm and humor
- A hard worker with a high energy level; a “doer” with the willingness to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of development and advancement activities
- Aptitude for cultivating and working with high net worth individuals with a high degree of discretion and diplomacy
- Ability to build enthusiasm for XPRIZE and communicate updates to key constituencies
- Previous event management experience
- Previous philanthropic strategy development, fundraising, management consulting, business development, strategic alliances, and/or marketing experience are a plus
- Microsoft Office Suite knowledge and familiarity with Salesforce required
- Ability to travel and occasionally work evenings and weekends
XPRIZE and YOU
We offer a full range of employment benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, and employee assistance programs. Most of our benefits are open to regular full-time employees and their spouses and or domestic partners. Along with these benefits we offer a competitive salary, a year-end discretionary bonus program, and a generous paid vacation and sick day program.
WHAT WE DO MATTERS…WHAT I DO MATTERS! These are not just words to us. These are ideas that influence our Values that we strive to live by each and every day. We start with YES. We take ACTION. We lead from the FRONT. Our goals are as lofty as they come; where only through entrepreneurial persistence and visionary thinking are solutions to seemingly insurmountable social, technological and environmental issues made possible.
While we externally strive to create a better world, we are internally working to build a culture that supports the kind of passionate, forward thinking people we need to help deliver radical breakthrough solutions to today's most critical and meaningful challenges.
To this end, we are innovating together in our new cutting edge work environment in Culver City, CA to create an environment that fosters learning and growth and encourages creativity, transparency, and diversity.
- XPRIZE is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Founded in 1995, XPRIZE, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is the leading organization solving the world’s Grand Challenges by creating and managing large-scale, high-profile, incentivized prize competitions that stimulate investment in research and development worth far more than the prize itself. The organization motivates and inspires brilliant innovators from all disciplines to leverage their intellectual and financial capital for the benefit of humanity. XPRIZE conducts competitions in five Prize Groups: Learning; Exploration; Energy & Environment; Global Development; and Life Sciences. Active prizes include the $30 million Google Lunar XPRIZE, the $10 million Qualcomm Tricorder XPRIZE, the $15 million Global Learning XPRIZE, the $20 million NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE, the $7 million Barbara Bush Foundation Adult Literacy XPRIZE, the $8 million Shell Ocean Discovery XPRIZE and the $5 million IBM Watson AI XPRIZE. For more information, go to www.xprize.org.