The Brittingham Social Enterprise Lab (BSEL) at the University Of Southern California Marshall School Of Business is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join its team.
The USC Marshall School of Business created the Brittingham Social Enterprise Lab (BSEL) in 2008. Through education, community building and career development, we equip students with business skills and resources to create sustainable, market-based solutions to the world's most pressing challenges. The Lab engages with people and practices in the fields of social enterprise and entrepreneurship, corporate social responsibility and social innovation that address issues of poverty, education, racial and gender equity, health, and the environment.
Job accountabilities include but not limited to the following:
- Coordinates scheduling of visitors to the Brittingham Lab, including parking arrangements and directions.
- Coordinates the professional schedule of the Founding Director and Executive Director, including student office hours and off-campus travel.
- Manages financial details for payroll, ProCard, reimbursements, and student organization grants, including budgets and receivables, for all Brittingham Lab employees and relevant students. Interfaces directly with the Marshall Office of Business and Finance as needed.
- Provides for room and equipment reservations for events and programs.
- Orders supplies, including promotional materials.
- Greets visitors to the Brittingham Lab in person and on the telephone.
- Interfaces with students, student groups, and other departments.
- Responds to inquiries or requests for information or refers to supervisor, as appropriate.
- Manages a database of contacts and interfaces with the University Salesforce database.
- Gathers information for and distributes a monthly electronic newsletter to stakeholders.
- Distributes weekly emails to undergraduate and graduate students advising of career and co-curricular opportunities.
- Oversees the departmental website and submits additions and changes to the technology department.
- Creates and oversees events on the Marshall Event Management System (MEMS) and Eventbrite.
- Works with Marshall IT to troubleshoot technological issues and updates.
- Advertises for events and programs throughout the University and USC community.
- Arranges with vendors for sites, facilities, catering, guest accommodations, etc.
- Coordinates production and/or distribution of promotional materials.
- Maintains and modifies the departmental website and social media presence including content, graphical and multimedia displays and communications. Gathers feedback for website improvement and enhancement. Tests, maintains and ensures functionality of links. Monitors website for consistency, cross-referencing and compliance with university standards for website content and development.
- Provides general administrative support.
Why join Marshall School of Business?
The USC Marshall School of Business is ideally positioned to address the challenges of a rapidly changing business environment and is ranked as one of the country’s top schools for accounting, finance, marketing, consulting, entrepreneurship and international business studies. USC Marshall builds on the unique opportunities that stem from its Los Angeles location on the Pacific Rim, its interdisciplinary and impactful research, the momentum generated by the University of Southern California, and the unparalleled engagement of the Trojan Alumni Family. With ready access to industries defining the new business frontier, including bio-technology, life sciences, media, entertainment, communications and healthcare, this vast network offers USC Marshall Graduates exceptionally strong support for success in the global marketplace. For more information on the USC Marshall School of Business, visit: www.marshall.usc.edu.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Secretarial or specialized clerical and administrative experience