The Controller serves as the independent chief auditor and financial watchdog for the City of Los Angeles with the responsibility to ensure the City is operating efficiently and transparently. The Controller’s Office produces payroll for more than 45,000 employees, monitors and reports on matters relating to the City’s fiscal health and supervises all expenditures of the City.
Schedule: Minimum 25 hours per week - Monday, Wednesday & Friday required with an occasional weekend which would be scheduled and agreed to in advance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Neighborhood Councils
- Coordinate the Neighborhood Council Demos (i.e.: logistics, calendar, and equipment)
- Keep track of Neighborhood Council Agendas (for hot topics and critical information)
- Create and maintain the Events Scheduling Map via Esri with designated categories (instructions and training will be provided, if needed)
- Demos and Speaking Engagements
- Navigates Control PanelLA presentations during City Controller Demonstrations in the civic area (i.e.: set-up, staff and operates devices)
- Contribute to Controller’s Town Halls and Financial Literacy series (i.e.: registration)
- Contribute to the Controller’s Office internal events with pre-planning, logistics, and follow-up (i.e.: Holiday Luncheon and Brown Bag meetings)
- Perform a variety of administrative duties as needed
- The following characteristics are required to be successful on this team:
- Passion for the public good and public interest;
- Relentless curiosity to seek out new ideas, approaches and solutions;
- Meticulous attention to detail from start and finish;
- Upbeat, flexible demeanor and ability to adapt and adjust priorities on the spot;
- Collaborative “all hands on deck” attitude and responsible to feedback.