The Special Assistant is a high-profile entry-level role that will support the Controller’s Executive team, acting as ‘body person’ for the Controller, fulfilling staffing needs associated with the Controller’s schedule - in addition, acting as a utility player assisting in communications, community affairs, policy matters, and other duties as needed.
- Manage and assist various projects, priorities, deadlines and deliverables;
- Advance, staff and drive the Controller to special events and speaking engagements as needed;
- Ability to quickly research, collect and analyze information for reports, letters and internal communications such as briefings;
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with staff of elected officials, representatives of public and private groups and constituents;
- Act as the main liaison between the Controller and Executive staff.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working in a fast paced environment, working for an elected official preferred;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt to evolving situations;
- Creative self-starter with a desire to serve the public interest;
- Strong time management and oral/written communications skills;
- Knowledge of basic office equipment and office software such as Google Drive and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Bachelor’s degree required; and
- Valid CA driver license required.