These part-time office assistant positions are available for the Human Resources department and Education department. Job Description is same for both positions:
Class Description: Out-of-School Program Worker (Unclassified)
Assists in conducting various enrichment and recreation activities in out-of-school programs on a part-time basis.
B. Typical Duties
1. Assists in organizing and conducting a variety of enrichment and recreation activities, such as arts and crafts, athletics, games, roller skating, and dramatics, during out-of-school program time.
2. Assists in maintaining safety and order at out-of-school program sites.
3. Checks a variety of equipment in and out to adults and children and assists with equipment repair and maintenance.
4. Administers first-aid in cases of minor injury.
5. Performs related duties as assigned.
C. Distinguishing Characteristics
An Out-of-School Program Worker assists an Out-of-School Program Supervisor or Senior Out-of-School Program Supervisor in conducting enrichment and/or recreation activities at an out-of-school program school site. Part-time (not more than 139 hours per pay period) positions in this class are in the Unclassified Service. Full-time positions are in the Classified Service.
An Out-of-School Program Supervisor directs the enrichment and/or recreation activities at an out-of-school program school site.
General supervision is received from an Out-of-School Program Supervisor, Senior Out-of-School Program Supervisor, or Playground Program Specialist. Supervision usually is not exercised. Work direction may be given to Part-time Out-of-School Program Helpers.
1. Knowledge of:
2. Ability to:
Graduation from high school or its equivalent is preferable.
Experience working with youth is preferable.
5. Special Requirements
A valid Red Cross First-Aid Certificate must be obtained within 90 days after employment begins.
Interested folks can e-mail me directly at [email protected] by 6/1/17.