- The Marketing Associate creates and manages all VG website and social media content, plans and manages our annual Net Zero Conference, and aids in communications and business development Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience in a similar marketing role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent
- Exceptional communicator, both internally and externally, via email, phone, screen sharing, and in-person meetings
- Capable of independently managing the Verdical Group website using Wordpress
- Understanding of and experience with SEO, content marketing, press releases, infographic design
- Experience and mastery of: all forms of digital communication (outreach, cold emails, blog and article writing, social media), event planning, event management, presentation and slide deck design, creation of digital graphics, website and digital content management
- Tasks will include, but are not limited to: writing blogs and articles for web, participating in weekly VG meetings, preparing presentation slide decks, writing press releases, updating VG’s business contacts database, curating content for e-newsletters, designing graphics and marketing materials, reaching out to digital publications for SEO purposes, sponsorship and marketing outreach for the Net Zero Conference, planning and managing the entire Net Zero Conference, creating content for social media pages and growing followers
Software Skills Required:
- Microsoft Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Google Suite: Drive, Documents, Forms
- Adobe Professional o WordPress
- MailChimp o Eventbrite
Software Skills Preferred:
- Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Hootsuite or other social media management tool
WHO YOU ARE
- An all-star talent who wants to work as part of a highly respected and growing team.
- Passion to make a positive impact at a triple bottom line company (our B Corp certification is nearly complete).
- An inspired change maker who wants to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Enjoy working on internal marketing projects and growing our annual conference
- Strong business writing and verbal communicator with a fastidious attention to detail and flawless follow-up.
- You thrive in a work hard / play hard environment where you’re surrounded by likeminded, passionate sustainability professionals who are working to change the world through green building.
WHO WE ARE
- Verdical Group is a full service green building consulting firm specializing in: Certification Project Management (LEED, Living Building Challenge, WELL, CALGreen, etc), Commissioning, Energy Modeling, and Program Management. We also produce the nation’s largest annual Net Zero Building Conference.
- Why we exist: to make a positive environmental impact on the built environment.
- Our core values include: environmentalism, fun, inspiration, adventure, and learning.
- A growing team of about 10 full time employees and contract staff.
- 1% for the Planet Member Company: we walk the talk, donating 1% of our annual revenue, not just profit, to environmental nonprofit organizations.
- We’re also corporate members of: USGBC, ENERGY STAR and Architecture 2030.
- An equal opportunity employer -- we consider a diverse team one of our greatest assets.
- For more information visit: www.verdicalgroup.com/culture
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS - Full time exempt salary position
- 100% company paid health insurance (Gold level PPO) + 100% company paid dental
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation and sick days - 9 paid annual company holidays
- Additional unpaid time off available for high performers
- Flexible office schedule - Continual learning through company paid professional development and training
- Attend industry conferences and events including VG’s Net Zero Conference & MGBCE
- Team fun: Dodger Day, Summer BBQ, Holiday Dinner, frequent café breaks (local favorites include Urth Caffe and Blue Bottle)
- Quarterly team great outdoors adventures - Compensation commensurate with experience