SUMMARY OF CORE VALUES
LA Family Housing (LAFH) helps people transition out of homelessness and poverty by providing a continuum of housing enriched with supportive services. Our model is based on an individualized approach to meet each program participant’s unique needs.
This model connects participants to permanent housing and helps them achieve long-term housing stability through a full continuum of services. Through our outreach & assessment process, LAFH connects participants with housing placement combined with supportive services to help thousands of people transition out of homelessness and retain long-term housing stability. We increase our impact through community partnerships and real estate development, supported by financial sustainability.
We base all of our work on four core values; DIGNITY, PERSERVERENCE, COLLABORATION, and LEADERSHIP. Everything we do is connected to one or more of these four values and is reflected in the job duties of each staff position.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Data Manager is an essential part of the LA Family Housing team to ensure that the agency is capturing and entering accurate data for performance analysis and compliance reporting. The role ensures that we are collecting the right data points to measure agency impact and to meet all contractually required reports (monthly/ quarterly /annually). Additionally, the Data Manager will help to develop data points for analysis of organization performance. The Data Manager works closely with the LA Family Housing Compliance Manager on preparation for compliance reporting and agency audits. The Data Manager also reports on data quality and recommends corrective action that is required to address any areas of concern. The position reports to the Director of Performance and has up to ten direct reports.
Data Collection –
- Create and maintain a unified process for data collection and reporting (e.g. performance and compliance) across all social service programming – family, individual and permanent housing.
- Provide input into the data points that need to be collected to demonstrate the full impact of LA Family Housing social service programming.
- Establish data points to help measure organizational performance across departments.
- Maintain back-up data tracking systems as required.
Reporting, Data Integrity, and Compliance –
- Ensure the submission and accuracy for all monthly, quarterly and annual performance and compliance reports.
- Maintain data integrity at 95% or above to ensure accuracy of reports.
- Address any data related integrity issues by implementing and evaluating corrective action measures.
- Provide ongoing staff training and support in the use of HMIS; ensure that agency staff are provided with an overview of the data function during agency onboarding and that new program staff are trained in HMIS by LAHSA.
- Document all methodologies used in reporting to ensure replication.
- Work with the Impact team (Director of Performance and Compliance Manager) to ensure agency-wide statistics are accurate, program and agency goals are met, and data is messaged appropriately.
- Act as liaison for any issues relating to HMIS, working closely with Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA) to fix system issues, reporting errors and create best practice reporting systems.
- Coordinate programmatic support for all agency audits with the LA Family Housing Compliance Manager; ensure data quality, participate in the audit entrance and exit interview, and answer data related audit questions.
Team Supervision and Direction –
- Provide direct supervision to the data management personnel, including recruitment, onboarding, training, performance evaluations, promotions, discipline and/or termination.
- Ensure data management personnel are trained on the data collection systems – HMIS and any internal data tracking systems necessary to preforming their duties.
- Train data management personnel in the social services program functions – engagement, navigation, etc.
- Instruct the team on the data requirements for all publicly funded contracts.
Additional Duties –
- Perform further support and duties related to the management of agency data as required.
- Attend agency, department, funder, system and community meetings as directed.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND REVIEW
- Position reports to: Director of Performance
- Performance review: Annual
- Number of employees receiving work direction: 6
- Position titles reporting to position: Data Coordinator
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of homeless programs and services system in Los Angeles County
- Strong management skills and the ability to train, coach, and mentor staff
- Ability to incorporate LAFH core values into all aspects of work provided
- Understanding of best practices in homeless services
- Comfortability with providing training to large groups of people; ability to create training presentations and support materials
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Strong understanding of contract compliance and outcomes measurement
- Experience in HMIS preferred but not required
- Proven experience in data analysis and reporting
- Understanding data points to collect to effectively analyze program and agency performance
- Bilingual: Spanish/English preferred, but not required
- Valid CA driver’s license; job requires driving
- BA or Master level education required in social/behavioral sciences, statistics, computer science or another related field.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Payroll Status: Salary
Work Schedule: Full-time
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS, EQUIPMENT
LAFH BENEFITS: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Voluntary Life, 403B Retirement Plan, 529 Education Savings Plan, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, AFLAC Policies, AFLAC FSAs, Legal Policy, Employee Appreciation Program, Company Sponsored Employee Outings, 9/80 Alternative Work Schedule, Paid Sick, Vacation and 11 Observed Holidays.
EEO: LAFH is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees.
FAIR CHANCE INITIATIVE: LAFH is in compliance with the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.